CHARLESTON PARKS AND RECREATION ANNOUNCES THE RETURN OF THE WINTER RACE SERIES
(Charleston, W. Va.) – The City of Charleston Parks and Recreation Department announces the return of the Charleston Winter Series which offers both running and walking options for participants. The race series begins with a 5k run/3k walk in December, progresses to an 8k run/4k walk in January and wraps up with a 10k run/5k walk in February. The course, for each race, begins and ends at the University of Charleston campus and follows flat, easy terrain. All races begin at 2 p.m.
“We are excited about the return of the Charleston Winter Series,” said Mayor Amy Shuler Goodwin. “Not only will it provide our community a way to stay active during the winter months, it will also allow folks to continue their training.”
The race dates are as follows:
- December 11, 2022, 2 p.m. | 5k run/3k walk
- January 15, 2023, 2 p.m. | 8k run/4k walk
- February 12, 2023, 2 pm | 10k run/5k walk
- $40 per race
- $90 for series (registration must be completed before first race)
- $30 for series (student rate / registration must be completed before first race)
Registration can be completed online or in person at any City of Charleston Parks and Recreation facility. Anyone who registers for all three races, on or before December 11, will receive a Winter Series hoodie.
This is the 15th Charleston Winter Race Series.