The Traffic, Parking and Transportation Department strives to facilitate and promote alternative transportation options and provide safe, well-maintained parking facilities while ensuring equitable parking services and enforcement.
Office Hours :
Monday thru Friday: 8:30 a.m. - 4:30 p.m.
Closed Saturday and Sunday
Parking Enforcement Hours:
On Street: Monday through Saturday 8 a.m. to 6 p.m.
City Parking garages: Monday through Friday 7 a.m. to 5 p.m.
City owned parking garages offer free parking as follows: Click here to see location map
Weekdays: 5P- 7A
Saturday: All Day
Sunday: All Day
City-Observed Holidays: All Day (if this is appropriate)
*Exception: during special-event parking
To pay your monthly parking invoice online visit charlestonwvpayments.com/ar/monthly-search
No Coins? No Problem. There are multiple payment options using Park Mobile
Matt Hartline, Director, Traffic and Transportation – email@example.com
Terri Allen, Director, Parking Department – firstname.lastname@example.org
The Department of Traffic, Parking and Transportation oversees public parking and traffic operations in the City and actively promotes walking and bicycling. The parking management division enforces parking regulations; installs and maintains parking meters; operates the City’s six parking garages; collects and adjudicates parking tickets; and operates the Resident Permit Program.
The Department's traffic signs and signals division maintains pavement markings, including crosswalks and bicycle lanes; operation of traffic signals; conducts traffic study reviews; and issues permits for street obstructions and street closings. The Transportation Planner works closely with other City departments in planning, reviewing, and developing proposals to improve the City’s infrastructure and enhance mobility.
The Department’s goals are:
- Increase the quality, efficiency, and responsiveness of our operations.
- Support the mobility needs of the City’s residents, businesses, and institutions. Encourage and support non-auto modes of transportation.
- Encourage and support sustainable modes of transportation.
- Improve the quality of our services and maintain our facilities to the highest possible level.
- Provide excellent customer service.
- Use technology to provide quality information, operational transparency, and easy to use services.
The Department’s services include:
• Managing on-street parking through the use of parking meters, resident permit parking, and regulating curbside activities.
• Enforcing regulations.
• Adjudication parking tickets.
• Operation of 4 parking garages and various parking lots.
How to pay a parking citation or monthly parking invoices:
In person: City Collector’s Office, 915 Quarrier Street, Suite 4, Charleston WV 25301
- 100 Brooks Street 400 Morris Street 1000 Virginia Street
- 200 Capitol Street 1900 Piedmont Street 100 Washington Street
- 400 Capitol Street 500 Quarrier Street Municipal Lot
- 300 Dickinson Street 100 Summers Street County Lot
- 400 Laidley Street 300 Summers Street Shanklin Lot
- 501 Virginia Street - City Hall Main Lobby
When paying by check, please make the check payable to "Charleston Parking System."
For additional questions or information:
Visit the Parking Operations Center
Located in the City Service Center at 915 Quarrier Street, Suite 2
The Traffic, Parking and Transportation Department installs and maintains all of the pavement markings on public streets as well as traffic signals owned by the City.
TP&T installs new signs when and where appropriate upon requests from residents and businesses. To make such a request for disability (HP) sign program, driveway clearance signs and all other sign requests please contact Matt Hartline.